Map

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss // shakes // my very soul,
I don't know // why he ol- // ny raps to just 3 year old's
When he could preach to all people // the whole mess,
Rapping for the worst and spitting for the best,

Didn't know that someone so educated and smart,
Could rap to my brain and rhyme to my heart,
Just by making up words and forging tongue twisters,
While talking 'bout an elephant and his trial with a lazy bird,

A fox with footwear torturing poor Mr. Knox,
Tripping up my mouth more than swallowing rocks,
Oh the places you'll go // the things you will see,
Before you ever even get to flip to page 3,

P-H-Dizzle Sizzle is like a missile // whistling,
Through my mind // his rhymes are fresh and his rhythm is gold,
Because he packs in values along with gibberish,
It makes you wish you had his gift for rapping to kids,

Installing inert abilities // with // words,
That don't activate until // they've // heard,
His books much much later in their years,
And when its spoken aloud it brings them to tears,

No comments:

Post a Comment